Sunday, October 7, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving 2018

   
  Today is our Canadian special harvest holiday and so I searched to find at least one photo that would let me post. The yummy rhubarb slice was served to me while in a lovely resort like hotel outside of Dresden on our August tour around the EU ending in the UK to spend more time with our little grandkiddies. Buddy and I stayed an extra three weeks and got royal tours of two castles , a manor and the seaside at Brighton. 
   I wish I could post more photos but my devices currently seem not to allow much likely because of some setting for sharing? Anyway I must say we three had a dream come true tour and I am ever so grateful for choosing Prague where my parents were married and much history was made along with many other well known places like Berlin, Paris, Cologne and Amsredam. ‘Wow’ is what Buddy had to say a lot and hubby was thrilled to be sitting on a boat on the Moldau and seeing Smetana’s tomb along with other Czech composers and then floating along the German Rhine past many castles and the famous Lorelei spot. 
   As we age all is harder but we still have the good fortune to try to learn and see whatever we opt for and that sure is a blessing.

6 comments:

MadSnapper said...

such a wonderful trip and I am so happy for Buddy he got to stay and take those tours. Happy Thanksgiving..

Joyful said...

Your trip sounds beautiful Heidrun. I have very lovely memories of my own trip to Prague many years ago. I was fortunate to see a ballet set to music by Smetana. I loved walking around the beautiful city too. Maybe some day I'll have a chance to return. Happy Thanksgiving.

Arkansas Patti said...

Sure glad you had such a great trip. It must have been for Buddy to say "Wow" so often.
Happy Thanksgiving

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like truly a 'trip of a lifetime'... I would be just like Buddy---saying WOW constantly..... That is SO special for you and for Buddy.

Sorry about your computer problems... Hope you get them straightened out soon.

Hugs,
Betsy

ingrid said...

Love to read about your trip
Greetings from the Netherlands

Dee said...

Dear Heidrun, this sounds like such a wonderfully satisfying trip/vacation that the three of you enjoyed together. I'm so happy for you all.Peace.