Thursday, June 23, 2016

Maggie

I cannot post any photos here with my iPad so I thought I'd share a movie experience. I have always admired Maggie Smith since her role in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Yesterday I watched her in Lady in the Van and found it very touching. I was surprised that it was based on a mostly true event. The movie won quite a few awards yet I had missed hearing of it. I'm so happy I watched it. I was touched by it. Aging is difficult. This movie shows it in a dramatic yet at times humorous .I hope to watch it see it a second time to capture it more intensely.

4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

well i sure can relate to aging is difficult... bob and i are doing that very quickly on fast forward time....

Linda Reeder said...

We watched Lady in the Van recently too. Maggie Smith is such a delight, and the movie was sweetly sad.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We just watched it a couple weeks ago!!! She is such a splendid actress, have you seen her in Downton Abbey? This movie was a sadly perfect gem.

Arkansas Patti said...

Could always use a good chuckle about aging. I will check it out. Thanks.