Monday, November 12, 2012

At the Royal

Each fall the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair comes to our city and we make an effort to go. We enjoy seeing the animals and the various displays. This year my attention was captivated by this.
As soon as I saw the letters on that machine memories flooded into my heart!
"Look Buddy remember this?"
"Oh it's like ours," he said ginning. 
We turned to get a better view.

We had owned an old red Cockshutt model 40 (1950) when we owned a farm, our home away from the hectic city life from 1988 to 2005. 
Even Buddy had turns at the wheel on the back field trails.
I miss that part of our lives. My dream was to retire to the farm but hubby could not bare to leave his well established practice. 
Now we enjoy all things farm at the Royal.

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how neat... I love to go to old stores and fairs and places like that... The memories just flood back!!!! One time I found some old green dishes like my mother used to have... I stood there and almost cried. So many memories.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I grew up on a farm and we always went to our county fair -- it was one of the largest in the Midwest and always had a large display of farm equipment. Cockshutt is a make I'm not familiar with, however.

MadSnapper said...

that is one nice old tractor. it is beautiful to me. so is your header photo

EG CameraGirl said...

You just never know where you'll find something like this that brings back fond memories.

Dee said...

DEar Heidrun, I hope this compromise with life is satisfying for you. And I think it must be because of your pure joy in seeing that tractor at the exhibit. Peace.

A Colorful World said...

Don't you just love moments like this! I found a doll once that was very much like a doll I had owned as a child and I wanted to buy it, but alas, it was pretty pricey! Sure brought back good memories though.

Anonymous said...

The tractor looks like those named, "Ford," when I was growing up. It was about 65 years ago. I had never heard of the name of the tractor you photographed.