Saturday, July 8, 2017

SPIDER-MAN Homecoming

   We went to the 3:15 matinee at the VIP Theatre yesterday, opening day of the newest Spiderman film in 3D. Buddy has always been a fan and couldn't wait to see it. He received a movie pass as an early BD gift so it made sense to get in on the action. 
   It was a challenge to book online. Each time I master one account things have to change. I had to start with adding a new account that would then merge with my original one so my points would remain. It took me a whole hour and at the end I was instructed to print my bar code to take to the movie theatre where real tickets would have to be printed at a kiosk. No more print at home option. 
   That was weird but I went to the actual ticket counter. Kiosks are a visual challenge with intructions and buttons to get right. We had reserved seats. I got that all wrong. They have the screen in reverse position to most live theatres so I chose seats too far from the screen during the online bookimg. As the usher took us way up we asked to change and as we were in a rather empty room changing to seats closer to,the screen was no issue. 
   Nicely seated in comfy chairs we ordered our meal and drinks and settled in for the show to begin. There were at least 20 minutes of commercials before the movie began. (Wish the extra fee for VIP could get rid of that.) The lights went out for the main feature and we watched with delight.
   A newbie Spiderman in the making was worth all the effort because the movie was fun. It was less dark and more appealing to our taste.  Buddy left smiling. I left happy too.
   Now we have a new option to use our ticket stub to buy a digital film at a reduced rate of $19.99 on the new account I had to create.  Is that really a bargain price? 
   More challening will be getting it done correctly online. I am curious to give it a try but wonder about how it links all we did that day together. The stub carries a lot of information. 

6 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I am happy for Buddy he enjoyed his birthday gift. this is all news to me, have not been in a theater in 20 years and before that 2 times in 10 years. have never bought a movie so don't know what they cost. I had no idea about the print tickets at home or any of what you described here. can a person still walk in and pay at the door? if they want to?

Sandi said...

"newbie Spiderman in the making was worth all the effort because the movie was fun. It was less dark and more appealing to our taste."

I'm glad to hear that. It's so hard to find movies that are actually good!


Olga said...

After all the hassle, I am certainly glad the movie was a good experience!

Arkansas Patti said...

Boy has it been a while since I have been to a theater. On line tickets, meals and drinks, comfy chairs? Sounds amazing. So glad Buddy got to enjoy the movie. I use to read the Spiderman comics as a child--yes they have been around that long-- but never saw any of the movies.

Dee said...

Dear Heidrun, it's great that you and Buddy had such a good time at the movies. I find myself admiring your perseverance and fortitude. I'm totally inept at modern technology and probably wouldn't have attempted to even get a ticket from home or at the theater from a machine. Somehow I need to pull myself into the 21st century where you are!!!!! Peace.

George said...

I'm sorry I missed this when you posted, but I'm glad you were able to see the movie and to enjoy it. Getting things done online should be convenient, but it is all too often needlessly complicated. I'm glad you persevered and were able to enjoy the movie.