Saturday, September 17, 2016

Bromley Fun


   We are enjoying time in UK together . I am able to post photos again but now I have issues with font styles and other choices. I guess we are all challenged by the fast changes in technology sent our way almost weekly.
    Prior to our departure I managed to get us relocated into our newst rental home. The move was a challenge but we were back to normal by our departure date in early September. And we are comfortable and happy in our surroundings. The back garden is much nicer than any we've had for some time. The lovely deck encouraged us to have several nice BBQ's during August.
   We only had time for one local event a fair on September 4th the CNE. Buddy loves going each year. This year we even went on two rides; the huge ferris wheel and Mouse Trap, a mini rail/coaster type of a ride. We laughed a lot. I bought a candy apple and somehow it stayed in my bag and made it onto our flight and all the way to my room in Bromley.
   On the 6th we headed to the airport for a pleasant flight to London though none of us slept much. A cab was arranged to bring us from the airport to Bromley where we had booked a hotel room and where our daughter and gran greeted us. The hotel is near to her house and close to some nice parks. Buddy and hubby wanted to sleep there and I went to her house to be with the little one. My SIL works away from home during the week so it is nice to be around to help with the gran who is now 10 weeks old and a lot of fun.
   Our visit has been blessed with awesome weather so far and we are just spending family time with little side trips to eat out or shop. We all needed this quiet time to unwind.
In a few days fall begins and today there's a harvest moon out there.
We are blessed and thankful for this lovely journey.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear from you... So glad you all could make the trip 'across the pond' (as they say).... I know you are enjoying being with family.

We are fine----still traveling, hiking and doing yard work.... We've had an extremely hot summer and are in a terrible drought here. NOT FUN for those of us growing flowers and plants... I am SO ready for FALL...

Hugs,
Betsy

MadSnapper said...

I really love the family photo. the baby is so sweet and cute and tell Buddy he is looking so handsome. a really great photo, wish you were in it to. have fun with your family and glad you got in your new apartment before you left. don't worry about the fonts, your post is great