Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blessed

Here are some more photos from my week in the area of Hannover, Niedersachsen and the Harz area where I met up with some family I had never met. The post war period scattered many of my relatives.Luckily for me I got a chance to reunite with some. And they took me to see treasures lik these that survived.



These structures went up in the 1100 hundreds. They have been well preserved. What a marvel. I'm so happy to have had the chance to view them because my family took time to show me. Have a happy Sunday.

9 comments:

George said...

I'm glad you had the opportunity to reconnect with some of your family. The church is beautiful. It's amazing that it has survived all these years.

MadSnapper said...

so beautiful and so OLD, we have nothing that old here. I love that last shot

Sandi said...

Oh, I love seeing photos like these. Incredible! Lucky you to reunite with family and spend time viewing treasures such as these!

Arkansas Patti said...

Just wonderful photos. To see buildings from that time in history would give me goosebumps.
Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind comments.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Heidi, WOW--what a tremendous opportunity you had. Love that old church. the inside is GORGEOUS... Wow!!!! Bet there's a fabulous old pipe organ in there also.

Hope you are doing fine.
Hugs,
Betsy

Beth Niquette said...

OOooh, Wow! I love these places. You are a great photographer!

EG CameraGirl said...

How wonderful that you have reunited with members of your family. I'm so glad they so much of the very old buildings have survived into the twenty-first century for us to enjoy.

A Colorful World said...

They are beautiful old structures! So glad you were able to see them. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I see that you are a colon cancer survivor...so is my Mom, latane-barton.blogspot.com. Check out her Life in A Small Town. Take care!
Marie

Desiree said...

Beautiful! If only old trees AND old buildings were able to share their secrets with us!