Saturday, March 5, 2011

HARD

Our Buddy's a skilled, high functioning Down syndrome young man who struggles daily with a skin condition (over 80% of his body being affected) that just doesn't give him any relief. There are trial programs of injections that offer some improvement but the medications come with a huge lists warning of serious side effects. What a dilemma!
There are days now when he can hardly walk. The pain in his right knee is severe. If only I knew a way to help. I am saddened by his suffering but must not show it. He is so brave and I must be too. But it is hard.

3 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i am so sorry to hear about buddy's pain. i will pray for him. my daughter in law has something similar to this and has tried everything from pills to shots to chemo. nothing works. she is 45 and can not work, she can barely walk, her hands and feet bleed from this skin disease, so I do understand your pain

George said...

I'm sorry to hear about Buddy's skin condition and the pain he suffers. Modern medicine is definitely a two-edged sword. It can help in many ways, but the side-effects are almost unbelievable We'll certainly pray for Buddy and for a cure that will help him. Of course, we'll pray for you as well.

Arkansas Patti said...

I don't know how I missed this. I am so sorry Buddy is suffering so. George said it so well. Every medicine has some unwanted side effect. I do hope you can find something to give him relief.
He and you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers